Office 365 and Intelligent Content for Journal Publishers
A Value Discovery Workshop for Journal Publishing Managers
Ictect and Microsoft invite you to join us for a 3-hour Value Discovery Workshop at the Microsoft Technology Center in London, designed specifically for journal publishers. In this workshop, you will:
- Learn what Intelligent Content is, how it relates to XML and JATS, and why it is important for journal publishers.
- Discover business value in Office 365 and Intelligent Content, to decide if it is right for your staff.
- Participate in peer-discussions about journal publishing workflows, costs and bottlenecks.
- Explore how AI-based authoring, editing and production software with familiar Microsoft Office experience can streamline your workflow, save time and reduce cost.
- Participate in (or watch) a live demonstration of latest Office 365 and Intelligent Content technologies from Microsoft and Ictect with journal manuscripts.
Note: Reserve your spot for the workshop early. Due to the hands-on nature of the workshop, space is limited to 10 participants.
Introductions and Workshop Overview
Session 1: What is Intelligent Content for Journal Publishers?
- Intelligent Content Overview
- Office 365 overview and how Intelligent Content fits with it
- Peer Discussion: Why do I need Intelligent Content? The Business Case for journal publishers.
Session 2: XML workflows and their Disconnects from Mainstream Users
- Common approaches to XML workflow – XML First, XML Early, XML Late…
- Complexity and outsourcing costs
- Business implications of conversion and editing issues
- Results of Idealliance Industry Survey
- Peer Discussion: XML workflow in your organization
Session 3: Live Demonstrations with Journal Manuscripts
- Intelligent Content with Microsoft Word
- Automated Tagging, Authoring, Editing and Production
- Office 365 – On premise and Cloud-based Editing
- Automating compliance to Publishing Guidelines
Session 4: Summary and Q&A
- Office 365 and Intelligent Content for reducing outsourcing costs, saving time and streamlining journal publishing workflow
Speakers and Facilitators
Founder and Chief Content Architect
Pradeep is Founder and Chief Content Architect for Ictect, Inc. His specialization is in Intelligent Content, Semantic Technologies, High-quality XML, and Content Architectures for large-scale applications. He has extensive experience in implementing Electronic Publishing processes for Department of Defense (AFI 33-360, MILSPEC, AR 25-30, and DA PAM 25-40), Book Publishers (ePUB and DocBook), Technical Documentation (DITA), Journal Publishers (JATS), and Educational Publishers (QTI).
Pradeep has assisted several organizations with their complex document processes, including:
- Air Force Departmental Publishing Office
- Army Publishing Directorate
- Defense Contract Audit Agency
- Nelnet Peterson's
- The City University of New York
- The World Bank
- Joint Commission
- Cushman and Wakefield
£70.66 per participant (US $99)
- Feel free to submit your questions related to journal publishing workflows in advance. We will incorporate them in the workshop.
- We welcome your manuscripts. If you would like to submit sample manuscripts that can be used in the workshop, please email the documents/questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshop participants may consider the following next steps:
- A hands-on immersion experience at Microsoft Technology Center for editors and production staff.
- One-on-one discussion of cost saving opportunities with Office 365 and Intelligent Content
- A proof-of-concept for your organization
For More Information
Please visit the following sites for more information: