Office 365 and Intelligent Content for Journal Publishers
A Value Discovery Workshop for Journal Publishers
Ictect and Microsoft invite you to join us for a 3-hour Value Discovery Workshop at the Microsoft Technology Center in Chicago designed specifically for journal publishers. In this workshop, you will:
- Learn what Intelligent Content is, how it relates to XML and JATS, and why it is important for journal publishers.
- Discover business value in Office 365 and Intelligent Content and decide if it is right for your staff.
- Participate in peer-discussions about journal publishing workflows, costs and bottlenecks.
- Explore how AI-based authoring, editing and production software with the familiar Microsoft Office experience can streamline your workflow, save time and reduce cost.
- Participate in (or watch) a live demonstration of the latest Office 365 and Intelligent Content technologies from Microsoft and Ictect with journal manuscripts.
Note: Reserve your spot for the workshop early. Due to the hands-on nature of the workshop, space is limited to 10 participants.
Introductions and Workshop Overview
Session 1: What is Intelligent Content for Journal Publishers?
- Intelligent Content overview
- Office 365 overview and how Intelligent Content fits with it
- Peer discussion: Why do I need Intelligent Content? The business case for journal publishers.
Session 2: XML workflows and their disconnects from mainstream users
- Common approaches to XML workflow – XML first, XML early, XML late…
- Complexity and outsourcing costs
- Business implications of conversion and editing issues
- Results of the Idealliance Industry Survey
- Peer discussion: XML workflow in your organization
Session 3: Live Demonstrations with Journal Manuscripts
- Intelligent Content with Microsoft Word
- Automated tagging, authoring, editing and production
- Office 365 – on premise and cloud-based editing
- Automating compliance to publishing guidelines
Session 4: Summary and Q&A
- Office 365 and Intelligent Content for reducing outsourcing costs, saving time and streamlining journal publishing workflow
Speakers and Facilitators
Founder and Chief Content Architect
Pradeep is Founder and Chief Content Architect for Ictect, Inc. His specialization is in intelligent content, semantic technologies, high-quality XML, and content architectures for large-scale applications. He has extensive experience in implementing electronic publishing processes for the Department of Defense (AFI 33-360, MILSPEC, AR 25-30, and DA PAM 25-40), book publishers (ePUB and DocBook), technical documentation (DITA), journal publishers (JATS), and educational publishers (QTI).
Pradeep has assisted several organizations with their complex document processes, including:
- Air Force Departmental Publishing Office
- Army Publishing Directorate
- Defense Contract Audit Agency
- Nelnet Peterson's
- The City University of New York
- The World Bank
- Joint Commission
- Cushman and Wakefield
Senior Technical Strategist
Dianne Kennedy has had a long career on the leading edge of technology innovations for the publishing industry. She is the recipient of the 2016 Publishing Innovator Luminaire industry award. Her focus is the development of standards-based, XML-enabled, cross-media publishing solutions. Ms. Kennedy participated in the development of ISO 8879, SGML and in the 1990s served as chairperson for the Society of Automotive Engineer’s J2008 SGML Publishing Specification. She actively participated in the Department of Defense and Air Transport Association publishing specifications and served as editor for ISO 12083, Electronic Manuscript Preparation and Markup. From 2003-2016, Kennedy served as Vice President of Digital Publishing Technologies for the Idealliance Association. During her tenure at Idealliance, she guided the development of 30+ XML-based publishing technology specifications. Currently Kennedy serves as editor of the Idealliance PRISM specifications for magazine publishing and is editor of ISO 20616, Print Quality eXchange. She currently serves as a Senior Technical Strategist for Ictect and is a certified Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience Facilitator.
$99 per participant
- Feel free to submit your questions related to journal publishing workflows in advance. We will incorporate them in the workshop.
- We welcome your manuscripts. If you would like to submit sample manuscripts that can be used in the workshop please email the documents/questions to email@example.com.
Workshop participants may consider the following next steps:
- A hands-on immersion experience at Microsoft Technology Center for editors and production staff
- One-on-one discussion of cost saving opportunities with Office 365 and Intelligent Content
- A proof-of-concept for your organization
For More Information
Please visit the following sites for more information: