The Economics of Intelligent Content and XML for Topic-based Writing
PEER DISCUSSION AND HANDS-ON WORKSHOP AT MICROSOFT TECHNOLOGY CENTER, READING
We invite you to attend an Immersion Workshop at the Microsoft Technology Center in Reading. This workshop is designed to enable management staff to learn more about intelligent content and its economic value in topic-based writing, explore intelligent content creation strategies and to discover how exciting new Microsoft Office/Office 365 and AI-based automation technologies can have a positive impact on your bottom line. In this workshop, you will:
- Learn what Intelligent Content is and why is it relevant for topic-based content
- Participate in peer discussions focusing on intelligent content workflows, bottlenecks and costs
- Explore how Ictect/MS Word-based technologies can enable your Engineers, SMEs and Technical Writers to easily create intelligent content
- Gain hands-on experience using an AI-based intelligent content automation tool to generate structured, semantically rich content with the push of a button
Note: Reserve your spot for the workshop early. Due to the hands-on nature of the workshop, space is limited to 10 participants.
- Introductions & Workshop Overview
- Session 1: What is "Intelligent Content"
- Peer Discussion: Why do I need Intelligent Content? The Business Case
- Session 2: Common Strategies used to Create Intelligent Content
- Discussion: How do you create Intelligent Content today?
- Session 3: Roadblocks to Intelligent Content Creation: Results of Idealliance Industry Survey
- Discussion: The Cost of Creating Intelligent Content
Note: Disclosure of actual costs is not expected. Industry examples will be sufficient for reference.
- Immersion Experience: How to Streamline the Creation & Use of Intelligent Content using MS Word / Office 365 / Cognitive Computing
- Summary and Next Steps
Speakers and Facilitators
Founder and Chief Content Architect
Pradeep is Founder and Chief Content Architect for Ictect, Inc. His specialization is in Intelligent Content, Semantic Technologies, High-quality XML, and Content Architectures for large-scale applications. He has extensive experience in implementing Electronic Publishing processes for Department of Defense (AFI 33-360, MILSPEC, AR 25-30, and DA PAM 25-40), Book Publishers (ePUB and DocBook), Technical Documentation (DITA), Journal Publishers (JATS), and Educational Publishers (QTI).
Pradeep has assisted several organizations with their complex document processes, including:
- Air Force Departmental Publishing Office
- Army Publishing Directorate
- Defense Contract Audit Agency
- Nelnet Peterson's
- The City University of New York
- The World Bank
- Joint Commission
- Cushman and Wakefield
- General Growth Properties
Rahel Anne Bailie
Chief Knowledge Officer
Rahel Anne Bailie is Chief Knowledge Officer with Scroll, a London-based digital content agency. She heads the content strategy practice and consults for clients with significant content challenges. She believes that content must be technically fit-for-purpose as well as editorially sound to get the most out of content as a valuable business asset. She blends techniques from multiple disciplines to develop content strategies that have business impact. Rahel also teaches in the Content Strategy Master's Program at FH-Joanneum in Austria, runs the Content, Seriously meetup, and is working on her third industry book: writing content for a structured authoring environment. She is a Fellow of the Society for Technical Communication, and a supporter of standards, schemas, and semantic content.
Business Development and Economic Strategist
Andrea Vredberg holds a BA in Economics from University of Illinois and an MA in Economics from University of Illinois, Chicago. She was a consultant for the Huron Consulting Group where she assisted higher education institutions and academic medical centers to develop strategic and financial plans and to re-engineer outmoded content workflows to support an institution’s unique research mission. Ms. Vredberg extended her experience with intelligent content when she joined the staff of Idealliance, an Association focused on publishing technologies and the host organization for the development of many XML and metadata intelligent content industry specifications. Ms. Vredberg currently serves as Ictect’s Business Development and Economic Strategist. She recently completed General Assembly’s Digital Marketing Bootcamp and is a certified Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience Facilitator.
£76.74 per participant (US $99)
Workshop participants may consider the following next steps:
- A hands-on immersion experience at Microsoft Technology Center for editors and production staff, designed specifically with technical documents and DITA schema.
- One-on-one discussion of cost saving opportunities with Office 365 and Ictect Intelligent Content technologies
- Strategy Briefing for your management
- Architecture Design Session for technical staff/document architects
- Proof of Concept for your organization
For More Information
Please visit the following sites for more information: